Sunday, December 9, 2007

Freewill?

Hi, everyone. I propose the idea that there is really no free will. Everything done by a human is biologically determined. All choices made are the result of some biological dictate of the body. The mind is our awareness of ourselves and our enivronment, the seat of our self-identity. It is subservient to bodily processes; e.g., neural processes. We think that we consciously make decisions simply because we are aware of having made them and of having pondered choices and we might be able to give rationales for them, but this is merely the awareness of conditions of the choices and memory of how similar conditions worked out in the past--thus, learning from experience.I know this is a very controversial topic--nobody I have talked to about it agrees with me. I would like to hear what others have to say about it.

No comments: